Volunteering for Global Ecovillage Network Europe
European Solidarity Corps (ESC)
Don’t miss this funded volunteering opportunity to live and work at the heart of the European ecovillage movement! Use your skills and enthusiasm for ecovillages and sustainable living, develop new competencies, make new friends and immerse yourself in community life while living in Arterra Bizimodu ecovillage, Spain.
If you’re under 30, resident/citizen of the EU, interested in IT, communications/design, non-profit management and projects or events management and curious about ecovillages…this is for you!
You can find the link to the application form at the bottom of this page. Please read this page carefully before applying. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so apply soon!
Start date: During March 2024
Duration: 300 days (9-10 months)
- Develop wordpress plugins to enhance the functionality of GEN EU’s digital infrastructure (registration flows, joint ecovillage database, etc);
- Support, configuration and development of open source cloud-based services. See our Toolbox here;
- GEN Europe’s IT office support
We are looking for candidates with project management profiles that look forward to working with project specific teams or in the development of new GEN Europe projects. Depending on your skills, tasks may include:
- Assisting in writing project applications;
- Participating in project specific meetings and deliverables;
- Assisting in project reporting;
- Assisting with project budget management
Communications: If you’re skilled and enthusiastic about creating attractive graphic content about ecovillages and community living, this role is for you! In this role solid graphic design skills (Canva, Adobe Suite or open source alternatives) is a plus, and other skills such as audio and video editing and animation are warmly welcomed – feel free to make us a proposal based on your skill set. Depending on your skills, tasks may include:
- Graphic design (social media graphics, brochure layout, infographics)
- Video and podcast creation and editing
- Social media content creation and marketing
Assist in the event management of the organisation, specifically focused on the yearly preparation and realisation of a European-wide ecovillage gathering, in 2024 to be held in Angsbacka, Sweden. Depending on your skills, tasks may include:
- Assisting gathering organisation, including logistics, accommodation and transport of keynote speakers;
- Facilitating information between council and staff and the on-ground gathering team;
- Supporting the materialisation of the gathering programme;
- Supporting the Gathering 3-4 weeks on-site at Angsbacka, Sweden
We are looking for candidates with good administrative, organisational and interpersonal skills to help us with general administrative tasks as well as maintaining and growing our current membership programme. This role is for you if you have an eye for detail and structure and the enthusiasm to dive straight into GEN Europe and its inspiring members.
- Support the General Coordinator in optimising our administrative operations
- Collect and update information from our members
- Support the Membership Manager in developing new services for our members
- Assist in the outreach to new potential members
Get a glimpse of Arterra in this documentary on Spanish national TV!
Watch our volunteer experience video with Valeria to find out what it’s like to be an ESC: