Over 30 representatives from 15 national and regional networks met in ecovillage Torri Superiore to plan new common projects, and exchange information and inspiration. Represented networks were: Baltic Ecovillage Network (BEN), Western Europe Ecovillage Network (WEEN) Southeastern Europe Ecovillage Networks (SEEN), BelgECO, LOES, GEN Poland, ERO, GEN Lithuania, GEN Switzerland, GEN NL, Cooperative Oasis France, GEN Germany, RIE, RIVE, Sunny Hill (GEN Slovenia), Felkelo Nap (GEN Hungary), and European Network for solidarity economy Rippes. Meeting was structured in a way that offered a lot of time for a group work.
GEN Europe council members have joined the gathering to better plan their actions for the next few months before the General Assembly. What did we talk about you can read here.
– Ecovillage youth GEN Europe exisits for 25 years. Ecovillage pioneers are becomming grand parents. Children born in ecovillages in 90s and at the begginning of new milenia are now grown-up. How to keep them active in the network? Do tehy want to stay connected to the network? Can we design an ecovillage youth exchange policy? Would your community be interested in such activity? If you are interested, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can start a new working group. Young ecovillagers are warmly invited.
– Ecovillages attract ever more individuals, who wish to join existing communities, or start a new one. Our actions are directed toward providing an extensive database of ecovillages and sustainable initiatives, as well as more Community Incubation (CLIPS), and preparatory training for individuals to be able to engage in participatory dynamics in ecovillages.
– We looked at the optimization of the sociocratic voting system, to make it more efficient during the GA. A small working group was assigned the task of designing the proposal. When it will be ready, you’ll be invited to comment, and contribute your ideas.
– We looked at the current membership model and membership benefits. The joining process for the aspiring members will need to be revised as well as membership benefits aligned with the size of the member organisation. It is a work in progress, and you will be invited to comment once the proposal is ready.
– What kind of project activities can support these goals? An overview from our project team Dario and Alessia is available on this link.