Connect & Create: Ecovillages for a Resilient Future
Curious to find out more before committing to the whole series? Register for our first webinar as a taster to see whether to continue the journey together.
Join us as we examine the building blocks of regenerative ecovillages through a learning journey fusing together decades of wisdom in ecovillage living with practical and collaborative group exercises. Together we will put theory into practice and move step-by-step towards the creation of unique ecovillage blueprints for a resilient future.
Guided by ecovillagers with decades of practical experience creating flourishing intentional communities, our journey will use a mix of case studies, presentation and collaborative exercises to bring you closer to others like you and the first-hand knowledge needed for creating your own ecovillage or regenerative project.
Through the qualities of collaboration and co-creation, our journey will use Zoom breakout rooms to enable ‘Homegroups’ so you can connect with others in your region. We want to use this opportunity to strengthen networks of like-minded people with whom you can explore your dreams together and bring them a step closer to reality.
Our journey will cover…
Setting your foundations: June 24, 18:00 – 20:30 CEST
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step – Lao Tzu. Our first step will introduce us to the essential first steps to founding community: finding your tribe, collective vision, and communal agreements. We will hear from two deeply experienced ecovillagers and case studies from their communities, their learnings, pitfalls and challenges so you can integrate learnings into your own project. We’ll also use this opportunity to meet our Homegroups and step into dreaming our community’s vision.
Weaving the social fabric: July 8, 18:00 – 20:30 CEST
- In this session we will dive into the depths of relationship building. We will discuss practices and tools that bring social nourishment, diversity, trustful communication and deep interpersonal bonds.
Celebrating cultural and spiritual tradition: July 22, 18:00 – 20:30 CEST
- Culture is an essential building block of communities. Ceremonies, spiritual practice, art and celebration create a sense of purpose and belonging. In this session we will explore different ways these can be incorporated in our communities.
Integrating holistic ecology: August 5, 18:00 – 20:30 CEST
- With every crisis it becomes clearer how important it is to heal our relationship with Mother Earth. This is now especially urgent as the realities of the climate crisis become clearer each day. What is our role as community builders to bridge the gap between theory and practice? How can ecovillages stand as beacons to the regenerative renewal we need to see? Together we will examine inspirational examples of community-led ecological innovation and how we can integrate similar practices into our own communities.
Reimagining economics for systemic regeneration: August 19, 18:00 – 20:30 CEST
- What is true wealth and how can we achieve it? Here we will look to build economic resilience and equitable prosperity, shared by all, for everyone’s benefit. We will look at ethical income streams, social entrepreneurship and how alternative economic models are being used successfully within the GEN network.
This series is designed for everybody that has an interest in ecovillages, resilience, cultural transformation and global healing. We intend to share practical knowledge and at the same time create connections between participants. We will exchange ideas and deepen our understanding of the four Areas of Regeneration and holistic design. Ultimately, we wish for this series to be the catalyst for community building and the nurturing of relationships in the real world, leading to more resilient communities across Europe and the world.
It is important participants have a good command of English for using our presentations and supplementary learning materials. We intend for Homegroups to be divided according to language, of course depending on registered participants.
Pricing & Registration
This learning journey takes the format of a series of five interactive webinars, with activities and tasks in between. All webinars will take place from 18:00-20:30 CEST.
Pricing has been designed as a sliding scale to ensure that this journey is both accessible to all those who wish to take part, and fair to those who are dedicating time and energy to its creation. The scale runs from 40-120 EUR and we ask you to donate consciously: if your income or circumstances enable you to offer at the higher end of the scale, you will be enabling us to offer scholarship and low-price places to those who are unable to pay more, while also covering our costs.
Ready to join the journey? Register now!