Policy and Advocacy Working Group
Do you want to be on a team that is working for greater impact of ecovillages on European society? Do you see a unique role of GEN Europe in the global ecovillage movement? Do you have contacts, experience and/or energy for working with and influencing governments, politicians, the UN and EU structures? If so, this is your chance to connect with like-minded ecovillagers from around Europe, and use your skills to help influence power structures with GEN’s message on the wider world.
Planning and drafting GEN Europe's policy advocacy strategy. Planning and executing GEN Europe's presence in like-minded organisations (GEN International, ECOLISE) and at international events, e.g. COP24 in Katowice, Poland 3-14 December 2018, DeGrowth Conference, 21-25 August 2018, European Commons Assembly, in order to deliver GEN Europe's clear message of downshifting in Europe for a regenerative and happier future for humanity and the planet
Initially, a monthly online meeting (1-1.5hrs). You may wish to join the “talent pool” to volunteer for one-off projects - for example, as a speaker or writer - or become more involved in longer-term or regular activities which would require a higher degree of availability and commitment.
Action plan for 2018
- To propose a GEN Europe policy advocacy strategy 2025 to the GEN Europe Council for decision.
- To implement the council-approved 2018 policy advocacy programme and associated budget in 2018.
- To bring forward a capacity building component for GEN members to skill themselves for influencing locally, nationally and at the European level.
Requirements to join group
We are particularly seeking:
- networkers with contacts in like-minded NGOs, governments and European or UN institutions
- interested in European programming and policy work
- policy-oriented speakers and writers (major European languages)
- interest and experience spreading information on GEN
However, ideas, enthusiasm, and commitment are the most important requisites!
People who like to discuss and plan influencing actions and strategy. People who like to represent and speak for the movement.
Robert Hall, robert(at)gen-europe.org