As a membership-based organisation, at the heart of GEN Europe are the dozens of ecovillages and regional ecovillage networks around Europe that have decided to actively contribute to our shared vision. Your ecovillage could join them! (Not a member of an ecovillage yet? Join as an individual).
Why become a member of GEN Europe?
To date, over 110 ecovillages have joined our movement, benefiting from unique networking opportunities at our Gathering and National Network meetings, funding opportunities, training and learning, and much more. You can get a flavour of our many and varied member communities by visiting our ecovillage map and members brochures.
Become a member of GEN Europe and…
- Be part of an international network of like-minded communities
- Participate in our annual gathering for a reduced fee
- Receive exclusive communications and publicise your courses and events through our newsletters and mailing lists
- Become eligible to apply for the €3000 Hildur Jackson award
- Shape the future of the ecovillage movement through joining working groups like advocacy, projects, and governance.
- Gain access to the GEN Europe Website Setup service
- Be part of the wider European network of community-led sustainability projects through our membership of ECOLISE, of which GEN Europe is a co-founder.
- Support the pioneering of new models for equitable, sustainable communities
- Join thousands of individuals in hundreds of communities who are walking their talk, being part of the transition to the humane and sustainable world we want to see.
Membership categories for ecovillages
Aspiring members are ecovillage initiatives in all stages of formation and forming national networks. Aspiring members are invited to the General Assembly but do not have the right to vote. The yearly membership fee is 50-600 Euro (sliding scale).
This membership is available for fully established ecovillages and national networks. The yearly membership fee is 100-600 Euro (sliding scale), depending on the size of the ecovillage.